Yeast-Free Pizza Dough
Pizza is one of the most prevalent dishes in kitchens around the world. Of Italian origin, we can now find it in almost any country, partly due to fast-food chains that have globalized this and other foods like burgers, tacos, and hot dogs. On this website, we have an extensive range of pizzas and pizza dough recipes, such as our easy beer pizza dough or our sourdough base dough. If you want to see many other options, we recommend using the search bar located in the top right corner of our page.
In today's recipe, we will show you how to make a yeast-free pizza dough. This is an ideal recipe for those with little time to spare in the kitchen, or for those days when you're craving pizza but don't want to wait for the dough to rise. The base obtained from this recipe has a texture more similar to an empanada than a traditional pizza. The upside is that it's prepared in just a few minutes, which will undoubtedly solve many a dinner or lunch quandary.
If you have a bit more time, we also recommend trying some of the pizza dough recipes from our collection. Although their preparation time is slightly longer than today's recipe, we're sure you'll be pleasantly surprised by their delicious texture and flavor.
Ingredients for Yeast-Free Pizza Dough for 2 people
- Wheat flour – 220 grams
- Salt – a pinch
- Lukewarm water – 135 grams
- Olive oil – 10 grams
How to make the recipe Yeast-Free Pizza Dough
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the salt.
- Then, pour in the water and olive oil and mix again.
- Continue to knead by hand until the flour has absorbed all the liquid. At this point, cover the bowl with plastic and let the dough rest for 20 minutes. During this time, the flour will fully hydrate.
- After resting, sprinkle flour on parchment paper and place the dough on it. Roll it out using a rolling pin.
- Next, spread a generous layer of tomato sauce on top and add any other desired toppings.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 356ºF for about 25 minutes or until the dough's edges are golden.
- After baking, remove from the oven and serve.
Notes and Tips
To achieve a perfect circular shape for the dough, you can use a mold to trim the edges. We show you how to do this in the video. However, you can shape the dough however you like.