Baked Sea Bream with Potatoes
Fish is a good source of protein, providing us with even more than meat, also it is better digested by our body, as it has less fibrous tissue and fewer saturated fats. It is also rich in important minerals (iron, fluoride, calcium, iodine, etc.) and vitamins (B group, A, D, E, etc.). On this website, because we know these qualities, we have used fish in the preparation of a large number of dishes, examples of which are our recipes for hake in green sauce and baked sardines.
In today's recipe, we are going to show you how to prepare a delicious baked sea bream with potatoes and onion. It is an incredibly easy dish to make that you will have ready in no time. You can serve it as an appetizer for lunch or as a main course for dinner accompanied by a little salad.
By following the instructions in this recipe, you can prepare many other dishes, simply by changing the type of fish or adding other ingredients (such as all kinds of vegetables), you will achieve very healthy dishes to enjoy at any time of the year.
Ingredients for Baked Sea Bream with Potatoes for 2 people
- Sea bream - 500 grams
- Potatoes - 200 grams
- Onion - 1 unit
- Garlic cloves - 2 units
- Lemon - 1/2 unit
- Salt - to taste
- Black pepper - to taste
- White wine - 100 milliliters
- Parsley - 1 large tablespoon
- Olive oil - 3 large tablespoons
How to make the recipe Baked Sea Bream with Potatoes
- First, peel the potato and cut it into thin slices. Put a little olive oil on the base of a baking dish, and distribute the potatoes on top, forming a bed on which we will place the sea bream. We also add a pinch of salt.
- Peel the onion, cut it into julienne strips and place it on the potato bed. Pour a little more oil and season it lightly.
- Add the wine and cover the dish with a piece of aluminum foil. Place the dish in the oven, preheated to 392º F, and bake for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are almost ready.
- In the meantime, peel the garlic cloves and press or chop them finely. Then, put them in a small bowl. Also add a little salt, ground pepper, and chopped parsley to the bowl.
- Pour the juice of half a lemon into the bowl and mix with the help of a whisk. Add a little olive oil and mix again.
- Open the sea bream and spread the dressing we just prepared inside. Next, cut several pieces of lemon into half slices.
- With the help of a knife, make several cuts on the outside of the sea bream's body. Insert half a slice of lemon into each cut.
- After 25 minutes, remove the dish from the oven and remove the aluminum foil. Place the sea bream in the dish, return it to the oven, and let it bake for another 25 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is finished, remove the dish from the oven and serve our sea bream immediately, accompanied by the potatoes and onion.
Notes and Tips
You can buy the sea bream already prepared for cooking, ask your fishmonger to have it ready for baking in the oven.
To insert the half slices of lemon, you can make the cuts on one side of the sea bream's body or both. If you prefer, and since the dressing already incorporates lemon juice, you can skip adding the slices.
- Peruvian Green Noodles - 08/06/2023
- Cuttlefish Stew with Potatoes - 08/06/2023
- Stewed Chickpeas - 08/06/2023
What to eat today? Search by ingredient or recipes