Cuttlefish Stew with Potatoes
Have you ever tasted the authentic flavor of cuttlefish in a stew? Cuttlefish is a type of seafood that has been used in Mediterranean cuisine since ancient times, and its taste is simply delicious. But, what about the perfect combination of cuttlefish with potatoes? This traditional stew is a perfect blend of flavor and texture, and is a comforting meal that will transport you directly to the Mediterranean coast.
When preparing this dish, it's important to keep in mind a few details we provide all at the end of the recipe.
So, if you're ready to enjoy a dreamy cuttlefish stew with potatoes, follow this recipe and surprise yourself with the final result. Enjoy your meal!
Ingredients for Cuttlefish Stew with Potatoes for 2 people
- 2 cuttlefish
- 4 tablespoons of fried tomato
- 4 potatoes
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- A pinch of salt
How to make the recipe Cuttlefish Stew with Potatoes
- Prepare the cuttlefish by cutting it into pieces of your preferred size.
- Heat a pan with a little oil and add the cuttlefish. Sauté it and then remove it and place it in a safe place while you continue with the recipe.
- Add more oil to the pan and add chopped onion and green pepper. Cook these ingredients until the onion is transparent, and then add the fried tomato. Tip: Instead of fried tomato, you can use two chopped fresh tomatoes.
- Prepare the potatoes by peeling, washing, and cutting them into pieces. To ensure the stew cooks evenly, it's important that the potato pieces are similar in size.
- Add the potatoes to the pan with the sauté, mix everything, and add the cuttlefish. Cook for a minute while stirring constantly, and add a teaspoon of paprika.
- Cover the cuttlefish and potatoes with water or fish broth and add a little salt. Ensure all ingredients are completely covered. Cook until the potatoes are tender. Test the salt and adjust if necessary.
Notes and Tips
Cut potatoes and cuttlefish into similar pieces: to cook them evenly and get a well-balanced stew.
Choose the right liquid: The liquid used to cover the ingredients is important as it will affect the final taste of the stew. You can use water or fish broth, but the fish broth will give a more intense and authentic flavor to the stew.
Cook at medium-low heat: It's important to cook the stew at a moderate temperature so the potatoes slowly cook and soften, and the cuttlefish has time to absorb all the flavors from the sauté.
Constantly stir: It's important to constantly stir the stew while cooking to prevent it from sticking to the pan and to mix the ingredients evenly.
Add paprika at the end: Paprika is a very aromatic ingredient and should be added at the end of cooking so its flavor doesn't get lost.
Test the salt and adjust if necessary: At the end of cooking, it's important to taste the stew and adjust the salt if necessary to achieve the desired flavor.