Oven Baked Stuffed Peppers
Peppers, like potatoes, zucchinis, eggplants, and other vegetables, are perfect for being stuffed with all kinds of ingredients. In today's recipe, we teach you how to prepare them stuffed with minced meat, onions, olives, and egg, resulting in a delicious dish that we are sure you will love. On our page, you can find many examples of stuffed vegetables, such as our recipe for meat-stuffed potatoes. If you want to see other dishes, just use the search bar you will find in the upper right part of our page.
The preparation of this recipe is so simple and quick that you can have it ready in less than an hour. You don't need any cooking skills to make this dish, simply follow the detailed step-by-step and you will have these peppers ready without any effort.
With this dish, we benefit from all the nutritional properties of this food, which stands out as a fantastic source of vitamin C. In fact, red varieties of this vegetable may contain more than double the concentration of vitamin C present in fruits like strawberries or oranges. Plus, it's a water-rich vegetable that provides us with few calories.
If you like peppers, we offer a large number of recipes on our page, such as our warm red pepper salad.
Ingredients for Oven Baked Stuffed Peppers for 6 people
- Peppers - 6 units
- Rice - 200 grams
- Minced meat - 240 grams
- Tomato - 600 grams
- Grated cheese - 40 grams
- Black olives - 60 grams
- Boiled eggs - 2 units
- Olive oil - 3 large tablespoons
- Salt - to taste
- Black pepper - to taste
How to make the recipe Oven Baked Stuffed Peppers
- First, we hollow out the peppers by cutting off the pointed end and, being careful not to break them, we remove the seeds. If you prefer, you can cut the peppers lengthwise and bake them horizontally; personally, I like the result obtained by baking them vertically better.
- We chop the part of the pepper that we have removed into small pieces. We cut the onion in half, remove the skin, and finely chop both halves.
- We heat olive oil in a pan and add the onion and chopped pepper. If we have cut the peppers horizontally, we only add the onion. We add a pinch of salt and cook over medium heat so that the vegetables soften.
- When the vegetables are tender, we add the minced meat and continue cooking until it takes on some color.
- In the meantime, we grate the tomato. We can also blanch it for a few seconds in boiling water to easily peel it and chop it finely. We prefer to grate it because it is a very fast method and almost all of the meat is used.
- When the meat is slightly browned, we add the grated tomato and ground pepper to the pan. We cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. We heat water in a pot. 600 milliliters will be enough.
- When the water starts boiling, we add the rice and a little salt. We cook, maintaining a moderate boil, until the rice is tender. At this point, we remove it from the heat.
- We pour the rice into a colander and rinse it under the tap to remove the starch and leave the grain loose. We let the excess water drain off.
- Next, we peel the eggs and slice the black olives. We put the contents of the pan in a bowl and add the rice.
- We mix with a spoon. We add the olives and continue mixing. Using a knife, we chop the egg and add it to the mixture. We fill the peppers with the mixture, and put them, vertically, in a baking dish.
- We take the dish to the oven. We bake at 356ºF for 40 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- At this point, we remove the dish from the oven. We sprinkle a bit of grated cheese over each pepper and put the dish back in the oven. We gratinate the cheese at 392ºF for 10 minutes. When the cheese takes on a bit of color, we remove it from the oven and we serve it.
Notes and Tips
For easier hollowing and filling of the peppers, you should buy fatter specimens, wider than they are long. Yellow peppers are ideal in this regard.
- Peruvian Green Noodles - 08/06/2023
- Cuttlefish Stew with Potatoes - 08/06/2023
- Stewed Chickpeas - 08/06/2023
What to eat today? Search by ingredient or recipes