Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Given the success of our Baked Potato Fries video, today we show you another version, but with Sweet Potato. This is a super low-calorie recipe that will take you only 15 minutes to prepare, plus another half hour of baking. And it is perfect for 2 or 3 people.
As you probably already know, we love to teach you seasonal recipes, so that you can ensure that you are eating fresh foods. And it is also a more respectful for the environment and local commerce. In addition, thanks to today's recipe being made with Sweet Potato, you can be sure that you are eating healthy with a food that provides you with many nutrients such as fiber, potassium, vitamin C, magnesium, and calcium, among many others.
And also, by cooking it in the oven, you ensure that it is low in calories. And we are going to show you three tricks so that they come out as crunchy as possible, so stay until the end of the recipe so you don't miss anything.
And now, let's go with the recipe!
Ingredients for Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries for 3 people
- Sweet potatoes. You can use as much as you want.
- Curry - 1 tablespoon
- Sweet Paprika - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - 1 tablespoon
- Pepper - 1 tablespoon
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 pair of tablespoons
How to make the recipe Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- So, let's get started with the recipe. First, we'll peel the sweet potato, which will be super easy to do with a potato peeler. Then, we'll cut it into strips as if we were making regular french fries. Keep in mind that the sweet potato is much harder than the potato, so you'll need to use a sharp knife.
- Getting perfectly crispy french fries can be tricky, but it's not impossible. And today we bring you the tricks that always work. What we'll do is to put the cut potatoes in ice-cold water. To do this, we'll add ice. This will extract the excess starch, which helps to make them more crispy. We'll let the potatoes soak for about 60 minutes.
- Then, we will dry them. And we will put them in a bowl and mix them with two or three tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Then we prepare an oven tray with non-stick paper and add the sweet potatoes in a disorganized way.
- Now it's time for the seasonings, but be careful because here comes another trick to get it crispy. We won't add salt now because it would make the sweet potato soften. Salt should be added at the end, when it's already baked.
- So now we add turmeric, paprika, curry, and olive oil. We stir well to distribute the spices and put the sweet potatoes on the tray more or less organized.
- We put the tray in the oven for 30 minutes. But it must be preheated to 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- And remember: once we take them out of the oven, it will be the perfect time to add the salt.
Notes and Tips
And that's it, that's how easy you have cooked a sweet potato very similar to fries, but much healthier and perfect for the whole family to enjoy.
If you liked it, share the recipe with a foodie friend. And remember that we publish new recipes every week.
- Chow Mein - 15/05/2023
- Easy Crepes - 03/05/2023
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries - 05/04/2023
What to eat today? Search by ingredient or recipes