The Quiche Lorraine is a very easy yet utterly delicious recipe from French cuisine that has spread to many countries due to its simplicity and flavor. It essentially consists of a savory pie made on a shortcrust pastry base, filled with various ingredients such as cheeses and meats or whatever you like!
Subsequently, these are covered with beaten egg and cream. The mixture is then baked in the oven until the egg sets. And if you like these savory pies, don't miss out and try our Roquefort quiche and cauliflower and broccoli quiche.
Ingredients for Quiche Lorraine for 2 people:
Ingredients for the Quiche Lorraine
- Bacon or ham strips - 1 unit
- Shortcrust pastry - 300 grams
- Large eggs - 2 units
- Cooking cream - 100 milliliters
- Grated cheese - 100 grams
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
Ingredients for the Shortcrust Pastry:
- Wheat flour - 200 grams
- Water - half a cup of water
- Butter - 125 grams
- Salt - a pinch
How to make the recipe Quiche Lorraine
- The first thing is to do the shortcrust pastry. For this, add a pinch of salt to the flour, butter, make a small well in the middle volcano-style, and add water. Knead until everything is integrated, and the desired texture is achieved. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
- Place the dough in a shallow mold; you can grease it beforehand with a bit of butter for easier removal later. Prick the entire surface of our dough with a fork and place some legumes on it to prevent it from rising while baking. Bake at 356°F for about 30 minutes.
- Let's continue with our Quiche Lorraine. Cut the bacon strips lengthwise and then into small cubes. In a bowl, add the chopped bacon, grated cheese, the two eggs, and the cooking cream. Stir well. Add salt and pepper and mix.
- Place the shortcrust pastry in a shallow mold. Pour in the mixture and bake at 410°F both top and bottom for approximately 25 minutes. We'll know it's ready when it turns slightly golden on the surface.
- Once done, remove it from the oven and let it cool before serving.
Notes and Tips
We encourage you to include in this recipe any ingredients you like. Thus, you can replace the bacon with some cooked fish, or a diced chicken breast that's been grilled.