The classic yogurt cake, an extremely simple sweet to make that you'll have ready, without any effort, in just over 45 minutes. Many people are intimidated by baking because it's a field where everything has to be weighed, as this is the best way to reduce the margin of error. However, to calculate the ingredients for today's recipe, you don't need a kitchen scale or graduated measuring containers, with the same glass of the yogurt that is added to the dough, we are going to manage to measure the ingredients, it's that simple! And, the best part, it always works, always leading to great results. On this website, we love such a practical method, that we have already used it in several of our recipes, like in the case of our lemon cake.
This recipe brings back very good memories because, as I've already told you on some occasions, it was the first baking recipe that my mother taught me how to make. And the truth is that I can't think of a better way to get started in the world of sweet creations than a cake that never fails and that we can make without needing to use precision instruments.
In this recipe we have made a basic cake, which you can taste as is or use it as a base for the creation of cakes, pastries or other products. Treat yourself to cutting the resulting cake into two sheets and filling it with all kinds of creams such as pastry cream, chocolate, lemon curd, etc. Feel equally free to flavor the dough with different ingredients, like lemon zest, orange, a little bit of vanilla, or whatever you fancy.
As we say, to measure the ingredients, an empty yogurt glass is used. We put the yogurt in a small bowl to clean the glass and dry it, this way we use it first to measure the sugar and the flour and, lastly, we measure the oil. Organize yourselves as best you see fit.
Ingredients for Yogurt Cake for 8 people
- Natural yogurt - 125 grams
- Sugar - 2 yogurt measures
- Wheat flour - 3 yogurt measures
- Sunflower oil - 1 yogurt measure
- Eggs - 4 units
- Chemical yeast (baking powder) - 15 grams
How to make the recipe Yogurt Cake
- Start the recipe by breaking the eggs and pouring their contents into a bowl. Also add the two measures of granulated sugar. With the help of a hand whisk, beat both ingredients until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the yogurt and beat again so that it is incorporated into the mixture. In another bowl, mix the three measures of flour with the chemical yeast.
- Incorporate the mixture into the other bowl, passing it through a strainer to sift it. Finally, pour the measure of oil and mix well so that it is evenly distributed throughout the dough. Preheat the oven to 356º F.
- Grease a mold with a little butter and sprinkle it with flour. Give the mold a few dry blows to remove the excess flour and remove it. Pour the dough into the mold.
- Take it to the oven. Bake, at 356º F, for 45 minutes or until the cake is cooked. To check the cooking point of the dough, prick it with a toothpick, or a needle; if no remains are observed when you remove it, your cake is ready, otherwise, prolong the baking a few more minutes.
- Remove the mold from the oven and let the cake cool on a metal rack before unmolding it. Once it's cool, unmold it and serve it.
Notes and Tips
Remember; this yogurt cake has been made in the following way: one yogurt measure equals the volume of the ingredient measured with the yogurt glass used in the recipe.
If you suffer from lactose intolerance, or don't drink milk for other reasons, you can use a soy yogurt.